Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Although lockscreen ransomware is generally unsophisticated and relatively easy to reverse engineer, a newly updated version of Android. Lockscreen generates pseudorandom numbers, making it nearly impossible for victims to unlock infected devices.

Android Lockscreen Ransomware Amps Up Annoyance With Pseudorandom Passcodes

Not a fan of free apps since they require permissions to read your contacts, locations, memory cards etc. I still need to clean the crap I do have on my phone. I imagine the paid apps pull the same crap, I haven't looked in awhile.  So I found this article interesting, you can get infected with ransomware that hijacks your lock screen, if you download the wrong free app. No worries if you have the latest android OS,  Nougat, which blocks all apps from changing your lock code if you have already set one. The permission requests to look out for are permission to lock the screen, change device settings and overlay messages above other applications. I 'll admit I have been somewhat complacent ponder my cell' phones security, but I am somewhat aware  since I despise the requirements some of these free apps want , so I never install. Unfortunately there is still a lot of people that just click through without reading what they are accepting. You gotta ask yourself, are you one those click through without reading people?

No comments:

Post a Comment